Thursday, November 25, 2010

20 Nov - Trip to Chinatown

We joined the Ingalls for a morning and lunch in Chinatown. We had never really explored this notable area of Honolulu except for a date to eat at a Cuban restaurant in the middle of the district (yeah, I know). Hawaii has a huge and prominent Asian community with the Chinatown area an extension.

Clayton and Teresa are regulars in the markets having quite a bit of experience in Asia.

Surf shop - truly a Hawaiian Chinatown

Happy crew

Boys finally got the toy Chinese Dragons they've been asking for since last year's Chinese New Year's parade

The markets were pretty much everything you would expect of an Asian market. I didn't see the quite the same variety of freaky seafood offerings I have before, but I'm sure I didn't look hard enough. Zach was very insistent we needed to leave because "it smells so bad!".

At least they're fresh. I guess.

Fresh ahi for $2.99/lb. Incredible. Being somewhat familiar with the tuna fishery from my job (don't ask) I believe you should: A. Stop eating ahi now to try and save the fishery or B. Eat all you can while it lasts. Sadly - my money (according to my credit card statements) is on B.

Hey - enough with the environmental statements. Bullfrogs - Yummmy! Just in time for Thanksgiving.

And to the food court for some authentic Chinese beef and noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment