Two days later I was promoted to Commander. I've come to the realization Lieutenant Commander can sneak up on you when you're young. No chance with Commander. So it is. You just have to make the most if it.
So it was on the first day of the last month of the fiscal year the Navy so nicely allowed us very junior selectees to wear the new rank.
I was honored to have my Dad read the Oath of Office at a particularly noteworthy spot in the Captain's cabin of the USS Missouri.
Andy and Zach carried in the second generation silver oak leaves as Kim and Mom tacked them on.
The Captain's cabin is right inside the surrender deck where the Instrument of Surrender was signed on September 2nd, 1945 in Tokyo Bay. The inlaid seal above commemorates the spot.
Family, friends and coworkers stand for a picture under the forward 16 inch gun mounts.
Andy and Zach were all too happy to participate in a bit of destruction as they adjusted the sign in front of our home.
We're lucky only the "L" came off.
No comments:
Post a Comment