Thursday, September 22, 2011

11 Sep - Andy's Birthday

The Big One turned 7!  The kids' ages hit Kim and I differently.  Six and kindergarten knocked Kim back, but first grade and seven hit me pretty hard.  

In any event we started his celebration at school on the 9th.  He had cupcakes and the friends gathered around to sing happy birthday on the lanai.  

We celebrated his birthday the next day.  Andy's request was to have good buddy Garrett come over, go to his favorite spaghetti restaurant, pick out some new Legos, come home to open presents, build Legos and watch football.  Easy day.  

Happy Birthday to You on the lanai
Lunch buddies enjoying cupcakes
Enjoying his favorite spaghetti at Bravo's Restaurant in Aiea
Building Legos and watching football.  Pretty much Andy's idea of a perfect day.  We ended up watching LSU - Oregon.
Presents - mostly Legos, but also a small air hockey table and a basketball goal

Birthday cake time.  That's a seven made out of Lego block cakes.

1 comment:

  1. Much sadness. One, I can't believe friends are turning 7. I am having a hard time with Connor just turning 6 and starting first grade. More sadness over the fact that we weren't there to celebrate with Andy. I love his school pic on the lanai... I see half the kids from Connor's class last year. More sadness. Sure looks like he had a great birthday though! My kind of birthday too;o)

    ReplyDelete